Sunday, March 9, 2008

a little short rib?!

3.9.08
Waxahachie, Texas

:) Hello friends....I am so sorry that it has been a month since I've blogged!!! I had a lot happen in the past month and my time at the computer has been very little. Well I'm here today and hopefully will be even more so!

Let's see I've been home for about 3 weeks and I've made it my mission to really become "one with the kitchen" and it's working....the first thing I did was rearrange the entire kitchen, I am sure my mother loves me.....but if I'm cooking & cleaning I'll have to have things in an order that makes sense to me! I re-did the pantry, fridge, and cabinents.....it's been fun.....

I try to cook Sun-Wed and have something "easy" to do Thurs/Fri/Sat and one day I'll make it to a Mexican food restaurant....why I've been home this long and haven't done so is beyond me!

Well if you want something sweet and you are trying not to eat too much sugar do this: get some greek yogurt - try to find one with the LEAST amount of sugar as possible, you can do it.....then put in a blender enough yogurt for you or more if you are making more for others then add a pear a banana and a little milk...it is delicious....if you use a yogurt with TOO much sugar - it's really too sweet, trust me.

I had no idea what a short rib was until last Wednesday night when I made them for my family, it's pretty scary when you are making a recipe and you don't think it sounds right or good but you do it anyway the first time nad hold your breath as your family eats what you've made....and then you sigh when you hear the "mmmhhhmmm" my Uncle Dwayne and Aunt Joyce have been here all week and Joyce andI are taking turns int he kitchen cooking, she really like sto do the cleaning so I just say, okay. I hlep out as much as I can but I know what it's like to have someone in there trying to help and you just want to do it yourself.

I've madea mexican casserole that was so mild that Tex-Mex would not claim it as their kind, but my dad started sweating and kept saying "woo" i chuckled but it wasn't fun for him so I made him a chicken fried steak instead. Not the healthiest but with men, sometimes it's just to make them happy and to be quiet.

Look for an email this week...I'm nearly settled and ready to get back into the swing of things...I have recipes from Mom & Happy!

Love, Nelle

No comments: