Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Oh Happy Day...


Sarajevo. Bosnia

2.6.08

Hello!

Today is my fav. day of the week, because it is the

halfway point :) I like halves. Ok this pix is the girl scout cookie that I made....THIS IS A HARD HARD COOKIE TO MAKE. IT TOOK FOREVER....and I'm sure back home with the correct ingredients you can make it easier than I had too, but it was fun and they were tasty...and you could almost taste the Samora.....it was a fine copycat if I do say so myself. :)

I made chili and cornbread. OMGOSH it was yummie. I made myself sick from eating too much chili though and it was a little spicy. As my grandpa has a heavy foot when he drives I have a heavy "dasher" when it comes to a dash of this or that...I think is this too much or not enough? Oh just shake it it in there baby! and boy does it make a difference!

I uploaded some recipes that I've been meaning to do for a while so I'll share those as they come along....I bought some parsely, the only fresh herb I can locate here in 'Jevo.....and I want to fry it.....yum. I really like fried parsely as a garnish.

My Aunt Dianne sent in a recipe today and I"m so excited to start collecting her recipes...makes me smile....

Did I have any mishaps this week? Not really, I fished out a few eggshells in the morning scrambled eggs and I dropped a few things. OH YES> HOW CAN I FORGET, if you got my email this week you know about my UGLY DUCKLING DESSERT. IT was a strawberry tapioca double crusted pie. Well Martha Stewart is still safe, because Susie it wasn't pretty. It looked as though Lucy Ricardo invaded my kitchen :) I also used frozen strawberries instead of fresh. NOT A GOOD IDEA.

well off to sleep I go....

Nelle

No comments: