Sunday, January 27, 2008

Pumpkin Scones...and a run around the track....

Sarajevo, Bosnia
Foggy day. ick. 1.27.08


I am slowly working my way through a Mars Candy Bar....it is so good I am savoring every delicious bite..... Yes I know there is tons of added sugar....no today I do not care.....it is the chocolate I am after....yes oh yes.....my friends.

So I made pumpking and cranberry scones today......I didn't take a pix maybe later....but they were yummie but they were a "pre mixed" kind so it wasn't from scratch.....made the apartment smell so yummie.....i say that word a lot you know? I took chocolate chip cookies to the game last night and shared them.....it's funny how one is accustomed to a taste and when you see something you are not used too how it feels or smells or tastes may not be to your liking....as in the Bosnians I shared them with.....they say that Coke a Cola products are made differently in different areas according to their likings in the area...so Bosnian cokes are different than US cokes....i can see that...taste the difference. whose slogan is that anyway?

Well Crystal Briscoe joined ATIK - woohoo! She and I go waaaayyy back to the days when she was young and really into Barbies.....I was too but I think I liked to play war with them more than let them be pretty little dolls.....Welcome Crystal......!!!!

You know those days where you go to use the saran wrap and you get into a fight with the nasty little booger because the plastic seems to just STICK and won't unwrap and you stomp your feet and blow puffs of air at your imaginary bangs hoping that your grunts and "aarghs" will make it unstick? Well, I have one of those moments everytime I use the plastic wrap I purchase here. I am totally not joking I wasted more plastic trying to find the end and my patience was beyond thinning because it is a constant fight with thtat little guy. Boohoo on me right? I know some of you have gone to the store and bought the cheapest one....and you really pay for it don't you? yeah you can see my frustration now....I use it all the time for Tie's Tapioca pudding........which didn't set right last night either, but that's ok.

For lunch I had tuna - yes I know I eat Tuna all the time - but I added salsa and corn and mayo so it had a zesty flavor and I put it on crackers....well Tie came along and said, "how come Nutchy's stuff all taste better than my stuff?" :) don't know. and he chowed down on my lunch....but that's ok I don't mind sharing tuna....but when we make our omelettes and he eats my stuffing for my omelette I pull out my defences and say. NO. I have learned just to make a snack pile of stuffing when making omelettes......I barely like eggs as it is and we eat eggs all the time.....so I have to really STUFF my omelette to make it go down the hatch.

Well if you have time hop on over to my mom's website...www.gardeninspirations-tx.com she is starting up her srping/summer season....off to a fun start too with this cold chill hanging over the DFW metroplex. Glad I'm in foggy Sarajevo...oh wait that's right it was -1 when I went running on the boring track today.....my lungs felt like someone was poking them with knives....it hurt so bad....oh the pain I endure to enjoy my hobbies.....maybe eating cookie dough is a safer hobby....hahaha.....love ya...Nelle

No comments: