Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Chili...on a sunny day?

Sarajevo, Bosnia
1.30.08

Good Morning.....so it's nice outside and I'm getting ready to stick my toes in the sunlight....going to walk to Mercatur and see what I can find. I say that because one day you go and you might get cottage cheese and the next trip - you might not. It's truly amazing....and makes your so thankful and truly happy that at home we have so many regulations....and ways to do things.

I joined three online swaps with a group I'm involved with through Taste of Home. Two of them are VDAY card swaps. One we are supposed to send out a vday card, something red, and a Vday recipe....and well that one I emailed the card and my recipes and something red to my mom and she stuffed all the envelopes and mailed them for me :) so awesome of her...so I will get 19 cards back from the swap:) woohoo.

The second Vday card swap I hosted through the online tea room and 10 of us are participating....we are sending out a Vday card and a bag of tea. I am sending out an English Breakfast Tea that I found in London.....I'm sending those from here...we'll see how long they take.....

The other swap is part of the ongoing alphabet swap and you get one partner and you shop for the letter of the swap. This swap is "N" so I've found things like napkin rings, nylon spatula, nutmeg, a picture I took of Nerverta River, navy blue napkins, things like that....and she is ok that her package might take a while to get to her....i dunno how long we'll see.

That sort of relates to cooking becasue all of these people I am swapping with we share recipes, ideas, and just parts of our lives....it's really fun and I've really enjoyed getting to know people from all over the US.

Well I'm planning to make meatballs or chili, depends on which ingredients I can find today and I'm going to fry some parsely just to try it...Austrian Air has it as a garnish on their meals and I LOVE IT......LOVE IT it's so dainty and delicate.....we'll see how my frying experience goes.....we had omlettes last night....the mister made those I just get them all prepared......and dig out the shells because every time I crack eggs...at least one of them falls apart....it's what takes the longest......

Well....I'm going to skeedaddle and get myself walking to the store....you walk so much here....i think if we walked this much at home it wouldn't be so bad to eat Micky D's three or four times a week :)

toodles,

No comments: