Thursday, January 31, 2008

Rosemary....

Sarajevo, Bosnia
1.31.08

Well friends. I cooked my own chicken yesterday. I put Rosemary spices in it...and plan to use it for sandwiches and soup....YUMMIE! It smelled so great too while it was cooking...thx Gina & MOM!

I went to the store and they had asaragus....so exciting....and strawberries are beginning to appear....ooooh! I am attempting Beer Chili today.....we'll see how it goes...I do not like the taste of beer but maybe it needs it in this recipe for some reason, we'll see.

The milk I'm using in my cereal tastes really different.......well I have made some new friends here in Sarajevo and that is exciting......most of them enjoy cooking and I signed up for a Thai cooking class that is next Saturday..... I don't know if I'll ever find the ingredients here in Bosnia to cook this way, but it will be fun to attend and learn more......

I am toying with the idea of growing some of my own cilantro and rosemary but I still am not sure how to do this and I've killed the ivy somehow....plants fear me I think.....they know I am the worst plant parent ever and yet my own mother has gorgeous gardens and makes a living being out in the dirt and loving on nature's best. I just don't get it.

I did at one point think I was a hopeless disaster in the kitchen and that has done a complete 180.....but I will tell you that the support and encouragment that the mister has given me is most of it. My level of confidence was very low and he is very kind and supportive of my efforts whether what I make is delicious or "interesting" he always finds a way to tell me to keep going....which is one of the first things that I loved about him. He inspires me to be more than I am.....and I think that is a beautiful trait to have.....and a gift as well.....

Well we had another join in this week.....Christina.......she is my cousin on my mom's side.....she is in college so welcome Christina!!

Well ta - ta for now.....going to go walk to the Zetra and let my pilates instructor torture me.....
NELLE

No comments: