Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Snow is falling! again...


SARAJEVO, BOSNIA
12-5-07

Hi all,
Well I kept meaning to log in all week and I just didn't get that accomplished :) But I have plans for this blog to make it all fun and interesting.....so hope you had a great week....I did.....other than almost chopping the end of my finger off and my bandaid falling into my orange glaze mix, my bread turning out to be well, interesting......my cooking skills are getting better and better........First off, I was working in the kitchen chopping up bell peppers for omlettes and i remembered this nifty little gadget mom and I found so I started chopping away with it, and well it nicked the end of my finger.....Tie still thinks it's a paper cut, and I haven't told him otherwise...... :) but that thing is very sharp. So yesterday I tried to make this cranberry-orange bread and while I was mixing the glaze my bandaid fell off into the mixture and I was a little bit grossed out, so I took a breather for a few minutes and then started all over with the glaze.....but it's kind of funny now....

Let's see.......last week I made whoopie cookies and they were super yummie. They are like well, I took a pix I'll post it for you to see......I made a spinach/meat lasagna it is my second lasagna I've ever made.....I made a meatloaf and it was so so so good, I made some different salad dressings because we have Ranch (which I only like on my pizza) and we have vinagrettes and those I just don't prefer all the time, so I made an avocado dressing and it was really tasty, the others weren't that great........I also made a Tres Leches cake and it was really tasty. I love to bake but I don't really like to eat what I bake unless it is fudge brownies then I won't leave them alone. This cake was really good, I emailed out the recipe last week and I used a combo of three different recipes.......I think I'm going to change the topping when I make it again for our dinner party.

Well, it has been an adventure.......I like the way the house smells when you are cooking.....it makes you feel homey and cozy....especially with the Christmas Tree up......exciting! I have some friends here who love love love love love Indian food and they have told me they would love to teach me to cook some curry dishes, I am MOST excited about that!

Take care, happy holiday planning.........and I am finally understanding why the holidays can be such a stress......you have to figure out a meal, plan it out, and figure out who likes what and who doesn't eat this or that.....it's interesting......I told mom, well we can just make it and have mcd's on the side........ha!

See ya soon,
LOVE NELLE

No comments: