Thursday, November 29, 2007

Welcome to AITK Recipe Swap & Blog!


Hello AITK,
ALLIES IN THE KITCHEN GROUP!!

This is where I'll be posting blogs now....yippee! Some of you are already familiar with my blogging styles and the Eblogger is one of my favorites to blog on....so you know how to navigate......anyone else, feel free to ask!

NEW EMAIL ADDRESS for AITK
aitk.recipes@yahoo.com



My personal email stays the same :)


My plan is this: To send out an email once a week with the link to Eblogger and attach recipes in the email as well as trying to keep up the posted recipes that have been shared. Due to hectic schedules and the holidays, a once a week email may not be exact! Also, I plan on working on the administrative side of this blog and giving any of you the opportunity to post blogs yourself on Eblogger....no problemo, just give me a few moments to work out the kinks.....and LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT TO BLOG ON HERE TOO :)

OK moving on to blogging..........

11.29.2007 -

Sarajevo, Bosnia

It's all about tres leches today baby!

Well friends, my kitchen adventures are still keeping a smile on my pretty little face....I have done so many darn dishes that my skin is about to fall off of my hands! yikes! but I re-wash and re-wash all the mixing bowls, spoons, and baking dishes to make more yummie desserts.....As many of you know I stopped eating sugar over a year ago, so I have been researching this and trying to figure out what is so bad about sugar and what we can do to replace it without using so many "manmade" sweetners...as I find out information I will let you know! So since we last talked, I have accomplished getting the oven started....all it took was for the clock to be set and WAH= LAH the oven works, crazy. So what did I do first? I baked my first pumpkin pie, EVER, on Thanksgiving :) and it was scrumptious......not blushing at all as I say that, because making a pie from scratch is an all day event, and boy it makes the home smell wonderful! I did drop it however as I was testing to see if it was finished and it slid onto the top of the oven door....haha....I just laughed and put a Ginger Whipped cream on top - no big deal.....This week I am trying out a Tres Leches Cake, it is quite complicated when you don't have all the ingredients, but I am learning a great deal about substituting! Well that is all I have for today, will let you know how the cake turns out, as we are eating it in a few hours.................mmmmmmmmhhhhmmmmmm cake. (I am just like Homer Simpson when he sees a donut, it's how I respond to cake!)

:) Nelle

No comments: