Thursday, December 13, 2007

This is what a whoopie cookie looks like...



12-13-07

Sarajevo, Bosnia

Hi All: Hope you are having a wonderful day as you are reading this bloggity blog....well I have been super busy the past week or so....This pix is a pix of the whoopie cookies I made....I can't find red food coloring so at first I tried to color the cream inside with strawberry juice, it was very untasty! and pink instead of red. Triland colors are Red and Black so I had to start all over with the cream and I just went with white....I was trying to do something fun....but I'll have to wait until I get get my hands on some food coloring. My friend Sonada says there is food coloring here but I can't seem to find any, but she says she'll pick some up for me.

Oh yes, you will enjoy this story. So I make myself pancakes once in a while, I just get hungry for them. So the recipe is large and I cut it in half, no big deal right? I make pretty fluffy cakes and take a huge bite........ugggghhh! they were awful! I thought to myself, gosh this taste like baking soda....then it dawned on me that this recipe uses baking powder not soda! Oh they were awful....so glad I was only feeding myself :)

We had a dinner party on Tuesday evening, it was really super. and tons of fun. We ordered Mexican food from a local restaurant here and I made guacamole and mexcian rice. It was the first dinner party we had put together ourselves, so it was a lot more work than I imagined...well it's a challenge to be in two places at once. All these things I've heard my mom say over and over and over, I am beginning to understand....it has taken me 30 years to get here, but hey - it's never too late! I decorated the table all fiesta - like I will post pix soon....it was nice.

I haven't cooked too much this week, partly because we've had something to do every night so that has made a big difference.....

Well hope you have a great day!

Nelle

No comments: